Number of posts: 142
- I am female
- Birthday: 08/17/1957
- I am a lover of all types of crafts, but especially anything stitch related. My mom taught me to crochet when I was young. She tried to teach me to knit, but I really couldn't pick it up at that time.
Prior to joining the Navy at the age of 19, I was already creating my own stitch designs on graph paper. It was at this time I designed my first [and so far, only] quilt. I have more on the back burner of my brain, I just haven't had the time to create them yet.
During my 10 years in the Navy I learned how to do basic embroidery and crewel work; I became an avid counted cross stitcher, and taught my ex-husband how to do it too. I also learned to craft with plastic canvas and hook latch hook rugs, mats and pillows.
After my Naval service, I took up sewing as a hobby, but continued to crochet and work in other craft media, especially counted cross-stitching.
More recently, I have taken up loom knitting. I enjoyed it so much, it inspired me to try to learn to needle knit again. Using Youtube, and other online sourches, I have finally learned how to knit! Something I never thought I would be able to do.
I have always wanted to have the time to work on my crafts 'full time' but never was able to do so.
December, 2015, I was let go from work due to health issues. I am praying that my love for all things craft will now be able to create enough income for me to live on, as my health issues and physical limitations prevent me from looking for another job any time soon.
Due to these ongoing issues, I can only stitch for very short periods at a time, if at all. Now I spend the majority of my time custom designing charts, graphs and patterns for other stitchers to enjoy.
Since being let go from work, I have been working on setting up a blog and custom design pattern shop online.
I still have all of the graphed designs I made when I was younger. I am now working on putting them on computer so I can eventually add them to my web site.
Because I am no longer able to stitch very much any more, I would like to 'hook up' [pun intended] with some 'test stitchers'. This is for three main reasons.
1. I would very much appreciate any and all feedback regarding not only the readability and accuracy my stitch patterns, but also of my site.
2. I need pictures of the finished products, and
3. I am ultimately looking to create a photo gallery of people's completed projects based from my design work. While I would very much appreciate pictures of finished items of my designs, I would also very much like to show case other people's work which were based on, or inspired by, my stitch designs. Naturally, attribution would be given to any and all who would like to share their finished products. My goal is not to just sell patterns, but to teach people how to design their own patterns. WIth this goal in mind, I have a couple of knit "recipes" floating around in my head which I would like to post to inspire people to create their own custom pieces. I hope to be adding these "recipes" to my blog soon. Once they are posted, I will be looking for test knitters for these "recipes" as well.
I am very grateful for finding this community of like minded-individuals who share my love of all things stitchery. Thank you so very much!
- Web site title: StitchMeKnot Creations
- Web site Url: http://stitchmeknot.com
- Custom Design Stitch Charts, Graphs and Patterns