username: password:       register (it's free!)    
logo
Hey everyone...Dee
1924 views   1 replies   Latest reply: December 29, 2009 at 1:27:13 PM

 
Member since:
Dec 28, 2009
Posts: 7
dlowe8 message #1
Hey everyone...Dee
December 28, 2009 at 2:48:01 PM
 
Hey everyone, my name is Deidra, but I normally go by Dee to everyone.  So much easier for people to remember.  I've been crafting since I was in single digits too.  Started off learning to cross stitch and branched out from there.  There isn't much that I haven't done, or can't do...knit, crochet, bead, sew, quilt, embroider, tat, etc.

As for crochet...I learned from my mom and grandmothers when I was about 10.  My mother still crochets more then anything else. Since then I've made a ton of stuff...sweaters, shawls, afghans, hats, scarves, baby clothes, leg warmers, etc.  I don't really have a lot of pics of the stuff over the years, but I've been trying to be better at that. 

Outside of the crafty world  ... I'm a mfg engineer for Ford and I live in SE Michigan...brrr right now.  I am married to a truly wonderful man...but don't tell him I said that.  We've been married for 4 years now, and have been together for about 10.  Through him I have 3 kids (son 26, son 22, daughter 20), a granddaughter 2, and a soon-to-be grandson.  I like to read, listen to books, cook, bake, make candy, swim/work out, and craft of course.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.


 
Look at that smile! (Photo guaranteed unretouched)
 
Member since:
Jul 1, 2009
Posts: 4496
Stitchboard Admin message #2
Re: Hey everyone...Dee
December 29, 2009 at 1:27:13 PM
 
Dee,

Welcome!  Smiley

Quote:

Hey everyone, my name is Deidra, but I normally go by Dee to everyone.  So much easier for people to remember.   I've been crafting since I was in single digits too.  Started off learning to cross stitch and branched out from there.  There isn't much that I haven't done, or can't do...knit, crochet, bead, sew, quilt, embroider, tat, etc.


Goodness, you certainly are multifaceted!  Smiley

Quote:

As for crochet...I learned from my mom and grandmothers when I was about 10.  My mother still crochets more then anything else. Since then I've made a ton of stuff...sweaters, shawls, afghans, hats, scarves, baby clothes, leg warmers, etc.  I don't really have a lot of pics of the stuff over the years, but I've been trying to be better at that.   


Glad to hear that, because I for one am interested in seeing your work!  Please do post pictures sometime!  Smiley

Quote:

Outside of the crafty world  ... I'm a mfg engineer for Ford and I live in SE Michigan...brrr right now.  I am married to a truly wonderful man...but don't tell him I said that.   We've been married for 4 years now, and have been together for about 10.  Through him I have 3 kids (son 26, son 22, daughter 20), a granddaughter 2, and a soon-to-be grandson.  I like to read, listen to books, cook, bake, make candy, swim/work out, and craft of course.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.


You certainly have a lot of wonderfully diverse interests!  Smiley



Melanie  (cat slave and Official Feline Can Opener) =^.^=
~~~~~
I'm a beading, knitting and crochet addict.  If that means I'm admitting I have a problem, then I admit to nothing. Please refrain from helping me.

 
freePatternWizard
Premier Features
  • 300 Stitches Across
  • 500 Stitches Across
  • Filet Crochet   NEW!
  • Illusion Knitting
  • Private Label Pdfs
© copyright 2010-2020 Stitchboard.com   All rights reserved